Irene and Bill Beck Faculty Fellowship
Each year the Beck Research Initiative for Women, Gender, and Community invites proposals for the Irene and Bill Beck Faculty Fellowship program. The faculty fellow will receive a $3,000 stipend and a funded research assistant (working 15 – 20 hours per week) chosen from the Women’s and Gender Studies graduate students. The call for proposals is in the spring, to commence the following academic year.
- Research project is community focused in nature and community based in implementation
- Research project is, in some way, integrated into course curriculum and/or includes student involvement in research
- Research incorporates feminist frameworks
- Research assistant is a Women and Gender Studies Program graduate student
- Faculty fellow is expected to develop a research report or working paper that will be archived with the Beck Research Initiative for Women, Gender and Community
- Faculty fellow will make a research presentation at the Services Speaks Conference sponsored by the Steans Center for Community Based Service Learning